1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Packaging

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Azrikam, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally received my much-anticipated copy of Bubba Ho-tep from DVDSoon, and after 10 minutes I have done a nice job butchering the plastic covering on the DVD case thanks to 3 difficult to remove security stickers!

And I broke my Guinness Extra Cold pen trying to split them. Oh, and the section that says "Pull" is easily the most glued-down spot on the whole thing. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Ok, rant over. Luckily the beautifully designed cover sleeve wasn't damaged, despite my having to remove 2 layers of plastic.

2. AlanL

AlanL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my Bubba Ho-Tep a couple of days ago, and having painstakingly removed the first two security stickers with minimal damage to the plastic case, the third on the bottom edge decided to leave behind deposits of itself, which made even more of a mess when I tried to clean them off. Thank heavens for the slipcover.

Is there an easy way to get these things off? It makes me dread buying Region 1 discs that don't come in a box set!

3. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I find if the slip case has been put in wonky and it's poking out from the plastic, the security stickers peal off a nice layer of the paper as well :mad:

4. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I use a trusty penknife to slit the plastic 'security' stickers. This gives it an edge to pull on rather then picking at the Pull sign which just puts a nice mark on the cover! :mad: This one (Bubba) did take some time getting in to! And on top of that when i got to the last label i too got sticky glue left behind from it. But i found that i can use the bits i've already got to pull the glue off. If you keep dabbing at it, it comes off leaving no marks! Its a job but its worth it for a nice clean groovy cover.

Ok i'm obsessed. :rolleyes: