Security & fire kits

Berties

Banned
Removed the old alarm, and currently have no fire/carbon monoxide detectors, so I'm thinking maybe a all in one kit might be a good idea. Ideally wireless, although understand annoyance of batteries (probably use eneloop batteries) So alarm, keypad, IR sensors, fire/carbon sensors etc needed. Focus do have one but looks a bit basic.

IronGiant

I'm rather more in favour of multiple redundancy, eg if your main panel fails in that set up, will your smoke/CO sensors still alarm if necessary?

Berties

Banned
You would think so, more thinking of if the fire/carbon sensors are faulty or batteries are low, it'll send a signal to the base unit showing a fault. Rather than going round each thing. And of course the sensors work indepently of the base unit, they act as normal fire/carbon alarms with the base unit off. But they also send a signal to the base unit. So if the house is ablaze, at least if I look at the base unit it'll show the house is on fire ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom