security alarm help - castle prox

pilgrimkenna

Ex Member
Reaction score
hi. installed and fitted an alarm today. all working well. i believe the model i have is castle euro mini prox. although i cannot get to programme some tags i bought off of ebay.

if anyone works in this trade or is familar please help. only thing i suggest is that the keypad isnt prox however it does have a blue ljght top left which says tag which makes ke think it is?

thanks

It could be a non prox keypad, whats the model number on the back of it?? does it bleep when you present the tag??

thanks for taking time to reply. the keypad is defo a prox. i think the problem lies in the control unit. i think that isnt prox.

i think i have a castle euromini prox keypad but not a euromini prox control box.

nothing happens when present tags to the keypad. no beep

Mini + MiniP use same end station pcb, keypad is the only difference (Prox or non Prox)

strange then as keyboard is defo prox. it has tag on it in blue top left. any ideas??

It may have had the wrong overlay put on it at the factory, we have had a few like this.

What's the product code on the back of the keypad it should be an EUR-068 (if it's a Prox one)

If it's an EUR-069 then it's non prox.

Also are you sure the tags work with the system (did you get them from the same supplier??)

064 is also a Prox keypad but usually shipped with the larger systems but will work fine.

ok so any ideas why not working??? thanks for your help by the way

There are lots of different tags on the market but they have to be compatible with the Castle system, can you post a pic of the tag?

hi did you see the tags. i have 3 and they are castle/pyronix. my friend says they shoukd work?

321386824665_1.jpg

View item:
3x Pyronix Castle Enforcer Intruder Alarm Proximity Tags, Fobs, Swipe Cards

End time: 23 May 2014 09:11:05 BST

Sent from my iPad

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
They look like the correct ones, sorry i have no idea then either faulty keypad (have been known) or the tags????

what a ballache. there isnt anything im missing. it is just a case of adding a code and swiping ? i got 3 of those tags and none work so guess rules out faulty tags. reader is brand new and all ither features are working so reluctant to think it is the reader although appreciate not impossible.

Even when unset the keypad should bleep when you present a tag (programmed or not) to say its recognised, as for programming these should be set up as a normal user code but before the bit where you enter the code just present the tag and the (******) will be displayed to say its accepted....

oh right. i get nothing when presenting tags.not even a bleep.

spose i could try another tag. any ideas on where to get one from? what would be best bet? i bought those 3 off ebay but they do nothing, if u could poiint me in direction of something u i can at least rule out incorrect tags. thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom