Secure your Playstation Network Name NOW!!!

I dont trust that website. Seems dodgy.

You have a good point, www.playstation.net does not seem to exist:

I got it from here:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/europe-secure-your-playstation-network-name-now-221998.php

usually a reliable site. The link is on that page if you want to try it.

The screens are identical to what you see on the PS3 though.

Edit:-
Just done a whois, the playstation.net domain certainly belongs to Sony:
http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=playstation&tld=net

Oh and one more thing! When i tried my already registered name that I registered through my PS3 it said I could not use it as it was already taken!

Just registered my name for 4 months time. Thanks for the link guys.

How long to get the email? I'm still on the wait page with no email yet (15 mins).

just signed up.. does that mean that the name i chose is now my "gamer tag"???

Just done mine after about 10 trys of getting a tag that wasnt taken, got a corker in the end:smashin:

https://account.np.ac.playstation.net/accounts/register/reg_explain.vm
I dont trust that website. Seems dodgy.

Nothing wrong with that link at all.
Just recieved an official mail from Sony today telling me to reserve my Network Gaming Name.
It took me to the same site and didn't request any cc info at all.....merely an address and an e-mail and then you choose your name.

Needless to say Gaffer had already been taken so I simply used my PSP network gaming id of Gafferlicious :D

If you don't get a PS3 by end of march and "activate" via the console itself, then the reservation expires (which is fair enough I suppose...even though there's no guarantee I'll buy one before then :) )

everytime i try to login - says problem logging in

Problems logging in? Continue with your PLAYSTATION®Network registration here

i registered ok, just cant login :lease:

https://account.np.ac.playstation.net/accounts/register/reg_explain.vm

Nothing wrong with that link at all.
Just recieved an official mail from Sony today telling me to reserve my Network Gaming Name.
It took me to the same site and didn't request any cc info at all.....merely an address and an e-mail and then you choose your name.

Needless to say Gaffer had already been taken so I simply used my PSP network gaming id of Gafferlicious :D

If you don't get a PS3 by end of march and "activate" via the console itself, then the reservation expires (which is fair enough I suppose...even though there's no guarantee I'll buy one before then :) )

The 'expiry' date is actually March 2008.

@zoidy..oops yes....you're right....well that's even better then :D

@KtroopA ....same here. They haven't completed the site yet I presume, so maybe you can only "reserve" a handle so far, but can't log-in to anything yet (nothing will exist till March 07)?

The odd thing is, the PSP and PS2 use the same "Network Gaming Service" system to register handles (https://www.yourgamingname.com/login/login.do)
I had already registered with them after I got my PSP early this year.

Now, using the same e-mail and the same address, I have now registered for a PS3 gaming handle.....seperately

...eh?

You would've thought Sony would keep the same service for all three...rather than allowing you to have one name for your PSP and PS2 and a seperate account for your PS3.?

I'm a bit more confused now :confused:

Well now have 3 hope I can change them a bit latter:

psikey - US reg
psikeyHK - HongKong reg
psikeyUK - UK reg

Ultimately I hope I cam change psikey to UK account

I have a PS3 in my hands and im signed onto the playstation network :)
Gotta say if they fix all the little niggles ive found with it I might end up liking it more than xbox live :)

BTW when you lot get ur UK PS3'S buy Resistance Fall Of Man as its one of the best FPS'S Ive played in years and soooooooo damn smooth with no slow down whatsoever, id say its Sony's Halo tbh :)

I have a PS3 in my hands and im signed onto the playstation network :)
Gotta say if they fix all the little niggles ive found with it I might end up liking it more than xbox live :)

BTW when you lot get ur UK PS3'S buy Resistance Fall Of Man as its one of the best FPS'S Ive played in years and soooooooo damn smooth with no slow down whatsoever, id say its Sony's Halo tbh :)

agreed, i play the co-op mode with my brother and i love it, great fun, and i don't normally like FPS's

Dude FPS'S are the best games lol

U played the motorstorm demo? what u think? i think its very limited, it looks pretty and the sixasis control is wkd but its gonna get boring quickly lol

have u played rr7? is it worth getting?

Just got the latest system update and can't find nything different lol although the playstation networks a lot smoother and more responsive so maybe thats all thats changed lol

Dude FPS'S are the best games lol

U played the motorstorm demo? what u think? i think its very limited, it looks pretty and the sixasis control is wkd but its gonna get boring quickly lol

have u played rr7? is it worth getting?

Normally i find there's too many controls which ruin it for me, i find resistance very easy to play.

I thought the motorstorm demo was ok, don't like the track and was expecting more, the final build and other tracks i've seen look far better. My JPN copy will be here this week hopefully. Looking forward to the online play in march.

I've got rr7 but it hasn't pulled me in, i've hardly played it. If you have rr6 for the 360 i would say don't bother. looks nice though.

yeh i got rr6 but im floggin it to my m8 with my old 360 lol as rr6 is crap :)
in that case I won't bother lol just wanted something else to play for a change from resistance lol

yeh have to admit ive always hated the ps pad as their shocking for fps games but insomniac have pulled off a blinder for resistance, it just feels so perfect :)

Im just hoping that killzone works out right cause that could end up being amazing :0

Also as much as I love vibration in my joypads gotta say it hasn't bothered me at all not having it in the ps3 pad :)

i probably wont be able to afford a ps3 until march 08 anyway, what with the stuff on my wishlist :) but registered my name just in case :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom