1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Window (Johnny Depp)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Simon6776, May 30, 2004.

1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Anyone seen this? Any good? There seems to be conflicting information about the DVD. DVD Review Magazine stated it will be a 2 disc SE, but all the R1 sites I have visited list it as a single disc, bare bones edition. Any info would be helpful.

2. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this at a preview weekend in NY and it was very poor. The cinema was half empty which didnt bode well to me as usually priews are busy.

The whole film builds up to something it never delivers and when it does its a case of 'seen it a 100 times before' and ultimately I felt a bit let dowm and cheated!

I really like Johny Depp and whilst he is good in this (as usual) he cant save it.

3. Rob Pyatt

Rob Pyatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree.

Definately the worst film I have seen this year!

4. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I wasn't blown away by this either, but I think that it was marketed as a suspense thriller when it wasn't. The twists & turns etc. are pretty obvious throughout the film, so I think that the black humour is more the main point. Its more camp than thriller.

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Glad I asked. Think I'll just rent it, out of curiosity. I like Johnny Depp, and he hasn't done that many bad movies. Sounds like this just a bridge between his good ones. I've heard Pirates Of The Carribean II is on the way. :thumbsup:

6. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read that he has signed on to do Pirates II & III back to back??

Why they always feel the need to squeeze a good thing to death i will never know (besides the money of course!!)