Secret Santa 2021 Reveal Thread - Happy Christmas Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The link to sign up for this year's Secret Santa. I'm away the week after next so thought I may as well start it off before then.

AVF Secret Santa Elfster link

Usual Rules apply

Usual rules:

1. Member for at least 6 months.
2. A minimum of 500 posts.
3. £10 minimum spend excluding postage.
4. Items must be new and complete
5. You MUST have your AVF name in your Elfster name

As last year, if you want to ensure a change of scene, let me know of members you've previously bought for then I can add them to your Elfster profile before the picking commences.

Autumn Rain
a l e x
KyleS1
booyaka
N3ptun3m00n
showoff
Singhisking

SAFELY UNDER THE TREE/STASHED AWAY FROM PRYING EYES

Barbs77
Busterbenny2001
Delvey
FUBAR925
DJT111
Spiderpig
jsniper

MrFraggle
Heathen666
drhcnip
Beany31
DJT75

TIMELINE

RSVP Deadline: 20/11/2021
Last day for people to join your gift exchange.
Draw Names Date: 21/11/2021
Names are randomly drawn the day after the RSVP deadline. My trusty internet elves will notify everyone who they are buying a gift for.
Gift Exchange Date: 20/12/2021
This is the date people should receive their gift by.

Last edited:
christmas-is-coming-elf.gif

The link to sign up for this year's Secret Santa. I'm away the week after next so thought I may as well start it off before then.

AVF Secret Santa Elfster link

Usual Rules apply

Usual rules:

1. Member for at least 6 months.
2. A minimum of 500 posts.
3. £10 minimum spend excluding postage.
4. Items must be new and complete
5. You MUST have your AVF name in your Elfster name

As last year, if you want to ensure a change of scene, let me know of members you've previously bought for then I can add them to your Elfster profile before the picking commences.

TIMELINE

RSVP Deadline: 20/11/2020
Last day for people to join your gift exchange.
Draw Names Date: 21/11/2020
Names are randomly drawn the day after the RSVP deadline. My trusty internet elves will notify everyone who they are buying a gift for.
Gift Exchange Date: 20/12/2020
This is the date people should receive their gift by.
Cheers Tony.

I'm in before @Barbs77 too :love: :p

I'm in! Not done a SS for years.
I have never done it because as I said last year I have no idea how it works, I was always pretty cr** when buying for people close to me but a complete stranger, that is scary?

I have never done it because as I said last year I have no idea how it works, I was always pretty cr** when buying for people close to me but a complete stranger, that is scary?

It's easy peasy. Sign up to 'Elfster' using the link in the OP and then wait. On the 21st of November, names are drawn and you'll get told who you're paired up with. You then buy them a present that meets the requirements also in the OP and send it off.
Someone will have been paired up with you (it's not the person you're buying for) and you'll receive something in the post before Christmas.

It's always really good fun and it would be really good if you'd get involved :)

It's easy peasy. Sign up to 'Elfster' using the link in the OP and then wait. On the 21st of November, names are drawn and you'll get told who you're paired up with. You then buy them a present that meets the requirements also in the OP and send it off.
Someone will have been paired up with you (it's not the person you're buying for) and you'll receive something in the post before Christmas.

It's always really good fun and it would be really good if you'd get involved :)
Everything is easy peasy if you know how. :)
Thanks for trying to explain but you failed to explain how on earth I would know what to buy for a complete stranger without going down the naff rout IE a tin of Quality Street.
It is not the joining, I get that it is the present choice.

Thanks for trying to explain but you failed to explain how on earth I would know what to buy for a complete stranger without going down the naff rout IE a tin of Quality Street.

People put a wish list on Elfster so you can see what they like. You can also ask them questions.

Look through their posting history as well, to see what kind of things they like, then come up with a relatable present. You can take the easy approach and go from a wish list or you can be adventurous and try and find something unusual based on their interests.

It’s jokingly referred to as ‘stalking’. You look up the person you’ve drawn and see what they like (easier if they post in the recent items they’ve bought thread, I.e if they got a new Xbox or are into movie posters/ art etc…). Go on, it’ll be fun!

It’s jokingly referred to as ‘stalking’. You look up the person you’ve drawn and see what they like (easier if they post in the recent items they’ve bought thread, I.e if they got a new Xbox or are into movie posters/ art etc…). Go on, it’ll be fun!
With some trepidation I am going to give it a go.:)

welcome aboard - if you get stuck with whoever you end up with, just ping me a message and i can contact them as well for ideas, people have done that before

i haven't got the first clue who most of the people i've bought for over the years are, and everything seems to have gone down ok

welcome aboard - if you get stuck with whoever you end up with, just ping me a message and i can contact them as well for ideas, people have done that before

i haven't got the first clue who most of the people i've bought for over the years are, and everything seems to have gone down ok
Thanks, will do. :)

I don't have enough posts to play but I wanted to say that this is a really lovely to do and really sums up how friendly and inclusive this forum is. Have fun all 😍

I'm nowhere near eligible but this is wonderful!
This site is lovely. Fair warms my heart.

In all my years of being online there's only one other forum I've been part of that has done Secret Santa.
I'd better start posting more to make me eligible for next year 😁

Last edited:
Always watch these threads each Christmas and I'm amazed at the thought and effort that people put in. Well done to everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom