Secret Santa 2021 Reveal Thread - Happy Christmas Everyone!

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
last few hours to sign up or let me know of anyone you want to exclude from your draw, peeps x

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
ok, i'm off out for lunch - will hit the allocation button on my return...get your stalking mojo on, peeps!

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Given that I am a Secret Santa virgin I was prepared for the whole experience to be difficult but I thought I would give it a go, it is not fun or easy as the person who's name I have been given does not seem to exist on the forum which is obviously rubbish but search says otherwise.
So obviously I am messing things up in some way but for the life of me I cannot think how.

How can I stalk if the victim giftee is nowhere to be found?

Need advice here folks from you more experienced in the dark art of Secret Santa.

Last edited:

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Given that I am a Secret Santa virgin I was prepared for the whole experience to be difficult but I thought I would give it a go, so fun it is not fun or easy as the person who's name I have been given does not seem to exist on the forum which is obviously rubbish but search says otherwise.
So obviously I am messing things up in some way but for the life of me I cannot think how.

Need advice here folks from you more experienced in the dark art of Secret Santa.
@drhcnip should be able to see who you have been allocated and help with forum name.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
@drhcnip have we specified anywhere that the gift is minimum £10, plus postage? We have specified this in previous years to clear up any confusion.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
@drhcnip can you confirm the forum name of my Christmas elf :rotfl: as I do not think you have given me his full name but I believe I know who it is now.

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
Given that I am a Secret Santa virgin I was prepared for the whole experience to be difficult but I thought I would give it a go, it is not fun or easy as the person who's name I have been given does not seem to exist on the forum which is obviously rubbish but search says otherwise.

i'll pm you confirmation of your santee - i've just checked their elfster profile as well and they have lots of suggestions in their wishlist so you should be ok

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
@drhcnip can you confirm the forum name of my Christmas elf :rotfl: as I do not think you have given me his full name but I believe I know who it is now.
you are given what the santee enters on elfster, which is why i get nit-picky about making nicknames etc obvious so we don't get identity issues...;)

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
or i could leave it and deliberately find something that costs a penny and is 9.99 to post, just to be awkward

been a few years since we've had contentious presents...

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Oh I agree, but we have some new members, and just to save confusion. :)

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
Technically it doesn't say the minimum spend is exclusive of postage.

View attachment 1606945

actually, bit of cherry-picking there - the same page specifies that the gift budget is £10 and that gifts should be exchanged in person or by mail by this date, inferring the method of exchange is down to the giver....

methinks a santee is already getting twitchy over what they might receive....XD

jsniper

Ordered the first few bits for mine this weekend. Waiting for other bits to arrive now. EXCITING!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Philips unveils A7507 TWS headphones and new rugged outdoor speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips FB1 soundbar will use Fidelio wireless platform
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips announces OLED807 and 8807 The One TVs for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lenco launches 400 series turntable and speaker combo