1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SecondiPod to single PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by masher, Jun 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

how can I get my second iPod to be seen on the PC. Asks to load software again, and this will unload original software. Will I lose all details of first iPod :confused:

Thanks.

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    This is something I’m quite keen to know too!

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    The normal solution to this is to create a different user in XP or 2000 and log on to that one for the 2nd iPod. You should be able to load iTunes on to that account and have separate sets of music for each one.

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alothough multiple users is the complete option it may not be necessary.

On MacOS, for example, if you plug a second (or subsequent) iPod in, iTunes asks if you want to link the iPod to the iTunes Library. All you do is click No, then the iPod comes up as a usable iPod in the Source list within iTunes. Thereafter, you can manually drag music to the iPod icon. The first iPod is still the main one that links automatically.

I don't know whether this is the same on Windows, as I've never used an iPod on my PC, but my guess is that it could well be.