Secondhand hotel tv won't cycle through inputs correctly

chaotictorsion

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey people. So I found this samsung TV at my work (apartment maintenance), and while cycling through the inputs trying to get to HDMI 1, 2, or even 3, it won't go to any of these. It will cycle to PC, Dtv cable, and HDMI 4. There is no plugin on it anywhere that is labeled HDMI 4. I don't understand why it won't cycle through properly. Also it specifically says "Hotel Tv" on the back of it in what looks like factory printed lettering, so I don't know if this TV was programmed a certain way to accommodate their hookups or any of the rhyme or reason to it. All I know is I have a nice tv that I can't use HDMI on, and in this day and age is practically useless. Is there a factory reset or something I can do to resolve this, or perhaps I'm just ignorant. Any help would be appreciated.

Mid to large hotels usually have a centralised system feeding TV and "movies on demand" to each room , the price of which is added on to the rooms bill.
Its a large source of revenue to the hotel.

The TVs are usually bought in bulk as part of the entire hotel "entertainment" package and there is usually bespoke firmware added to each TV.
The units are locked to content supplied by the Hotels DTV or video on demand system.
Normally they are useless outside of their original system.

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm popping my head up from a pretty deep rabbit hole I just went down. I factory reset my TV. Still same problem. I discovered the mute 1 1 9 Enter code that brings up the settings menu. From this menu there's all kinds of settings, it just won't let me access them. The only input that works is the power button, which turns the TV off. Everytime I think I've got this thing figured out, I get nowhere. Question: what even is hdmi4? There is no hdmi4 plugin anywhere on the thing, so why does it exist, and why is it my only HDMI option?

Mid to large hotels usually have a centralised system feeding TV and "movies on demand" to each room , the price of which is added on to the rooms bill.
Its a large source of revenue to the hotel.

The TVs are usually bought in bulk as part of the entire hotel "entertainment" package and there is usually bespoke firmware added to each TV.
The units are locked to content supplied by the Hotels DTV or video on demand system.
Normally they are useless outside of their original system.
So basically I got a big paperweight?

So basically I got a big paperweight?

If it was originally part of a system sold as a complete hotel package then yes.
It will have custom firmware and will not work outside of its original intended system.
Its unusual configuration and labeling make sense only in its original environment.

Ok, so I'm popping my head up from a pretty deep rabbit hole I just went down. I factory reset my TV. Still same problem. I discovered the mute 1 1 9 Enter code that brings up the settings menu. From this menu there's all kinds of settings, it just won't let me access them. The only input that works is the power button, which turns the TV off. Everytime I think I've got this thing figured out, I get nowhere. Question: what even is hdmi4? There is no hdmi4 plugin anywhere on the thing, so why does it exist, and why is it my only HDMI option?
I've had it this before where you can't do anything with the service menu but somehow I kicked the TV into a factory reset that wasn't the normal reset as when it booted up it gave me the two options of either hotel mode and another. I can't quite remember the details unfortunately...

Turn off Hotel/Hostility mode. Access hotel menu using commands 0x0F 0x04 0x04 0x0E 0X68 sent to device 07 using Samsung32 protocol and turn off Hotel mode so that TV will act as normal consumer TV without limitations set by the guys whe set-up that TV for Hotel. As alternative enter servive mode using info-service or alternative sequences and disable hotel mode there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom