1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secondary display on 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by pcpaz, Jun 30, 2005.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently installed a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro and is connected via svideo to my 29” Sony TV. The problem I am having it enabling the secondary display. Although in the Catalyst Control Center it shows that there is a TV connected to the card, I cannot enable the secondary display. I can select on the Display number 2 and right click and select enable, but when I click on apply button the display reverts back to ‘Not Active’. I am using the drivers that came with the card, should I use the latest Catalyst MCE drivers available from ATI? This is really frustration as previously I had a Radeon 9200SE which was setup for dual display on monitor and TV without any problems.

Any help would be great before I destroy my PC.!!!

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The latest drivers are usually a good place to start. The latest CCC has better support for TV connections IIRC.

Be sure to get the MCE drivers (although I believe they are unified now, but there is still a seperate download area for MCE)

Dave