1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Zone volume question

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Miron, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi all. I guess Steve will be able to clear this up, but everyone else is welcome to answer.

On my DP (v4.31) zone 2 output level (volume is set the same) is significantly lower than when using main zone. Why is this the case? Second zone is assigned to Front L-R.

For an example, if both main and second zone are in direct mode and have volume set to same value there are quite a few dB difference in output, (main zone is louder).

Front speakers are set to full range (it happens the same if i bass limit them), dolby headphone option is activated and it does not matter if "force option" for second zone is set to stereo, DH1 DH2 or DH3, result is the same.

It also does not matter if input used is digital (DVD32R-T2L) or analogue (T32R)

To be sure I am not wrong I also deactivated TMREQ and even sub, no change! I hope I put in all info necessary to get an answer. If more needed let me know.

Someone wants to enlighten me :confused: ?
    Thanks

2. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    (After deep reconsideration of the facts....) my only guess here would be that second zone is either ignoring speaker configuration, or simply using defaults (3m + 0dB), or even using alternative sitting position?

3. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Greetings!

The zone 2 ignores the setting for your primary zone L,R as it's for driving a set of speakers in a different location (aka second zone!). Outputs are 1.5volts RMS @ 0dB on the vol control, there is no time alignment.

4. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks Steve, best possible help as always.

(I even read the manual to find this but nothing was there.)