1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second TV feed from Sky+ box?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by yarand, Oct 20, 2005.

1. yarand

yarand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Sky + box, which feeds from the satellite dish with a double rather than a single cable. Can I take a cable from the Sky + box to a second TV in another room? If so, which terminal(s) on the box do I connect the feeder cable to? Can I then use a TV link to change the Sky + programme in another room using the feeder cable connection?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You can certainly use any of the spare video outputs on a SKY+ to feed a second telly. Assuming you are using the TV scart to feed your main telly that leaves you with the VCR scart, two RF outputs and the s-video (no audio).

The TVlink system operates using the RF2 output connected by coaxial cable, a cheap and decent performing system which allows remote control from a second location but only carries mono audio.

3. yarand

yarand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that.
    I was considering using a coaxial feed & TV link from the Sky+ box just to operate the remote control, and maybe the Sky+ box's 2nd scart to the 2nd tv's scart.
    Would this combination work, and give me a decent reception on the 32" LCD 2nd TV?

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Yeah that would work, not sure how well the LCD would cope with a composite source via the scart since there is no doubt RGB is the better option but you would probably be using that for the main telly.
    The only thing to do is try it:)

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    Depending on the layout/position of your rooms, and if the RF is a problem for your LCD, consider running a S-Video cable from the Sky+ box to your 2nd LCD TV.