Second Sky HD box Q.

Oggy76

Standard Member
Just after a bit of advice if poss.

I have a SKY HD box in my back room with a subscription to all the HD channels and I also have multi room with a Sky+ box in the front room.

I purchased a second SKY HD box off of ebay which arrived today to replace my Sky+ box and am happy just to watch to the FTA HD channels as I dont want to pay a further £10 to sky.

The Sky HD box which arrived today from ebay already had a viewing card inside it? Am I ok to use this or should I put my old card into it from my Sky+ box?

Also am I able to take the viewing card from the back room (which has access to all the HD channels) and put it into the front room HD box if I wanted to watch Sky sports HD or would this not work?

logiciel

Sky will have to "pair" with the replacement receiver the card that's been in the Sky+ receiver.
Each receiver is "paired" to its own card, so you can't and won't be able to interchange the cards.

Broadz

Also am I able to take the viewing card from the back room (which has access to all the HD channels) and put it into the front room HD box if I wanted to watch Sky sports HD or would this not work?
Not for Sky Sports HD, no. Not for any premium channels (Sky Movies, Sky Sports, plus their HD equivalents). But it will work for any other channel. Viewing only - not recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom