1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second sky + box question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PrivatePile76, Oct 15, 2005.

1. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    howdy folks....

i'm gonna take up the current offer that sky are doing and recommend a friend in return for a free sky + 160 box....

i have a question though which might determine whether or not i do it....

currently i have an rf link to my tv upstairs and to be honest couldn't live without it...lol

if i get this second box and relocate my current one upstairs will i still be able to watch the programmes that are recorded on my primary (160) box upstairs ?

or will you only be able to watch what's been recorded on the box upstairs ???

any help will be appreciated.

thanks !

Bob

2. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    anyone any help please.......

thanks

Bob

3. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    do u currently have sky+ ????
    are u asking if u have 2 sky+ boxes can u watch the recorded progs from the downstairs one upstairs??????
    or are u asking sky+downstairs standard box upstairs and can u watch sky+box upstairs? ie recorded progs?

4. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I know what you are asking. The only way you will be able to watch what you've recorded on the box downstairs (sky+160) will be through your RF2 setup. The sky+ box upstairs has no way of directly accessing what has been recorded on the 160. The best use for the box upstairs would be to tape stuff that you can't be bothered to go down and start recording, although without a RF2 type link setup the other way (from upstairs to downstairs), you'll have to watch those recordings upstairs.

I hope that's clear, I confused myself :smashin:

BTW Can I borrow one of your friends as I can't think of anyone who is about to get sky that I can recommend to take advantage of this offer :(

Glen.

5. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    LOL @ Glen....

Sorry matey......most people already have Sky now and the only reason this has come about is because my sister has moved houses and is gonna sign up in her b/f's name...

Thanks for info, that's exactly what I was hoping you would say..

I already have standard sky + downstairs...

And when I get the 160 installed I'm gonna get the other relocated and then pay for multi-room....

So yes the current RF lead I've got will facilitate for watching "downstairs recorded" programmes upstairs...

but not vice versa....

that's fine my g/f is getting the box upstairs...because one the odd occasion we wanna watch diff stuff....(this is gonna change...lol) she hates being left downstairs on her own..

So she can go upstairs and record all the bloody Charmed and other crap...lol

thanks guys you've been a great help

cheers

Bob