Second job ideas...?

Trajet

For anyone thinking about applying for retained / on call fire-fighter jobs,

Go for it.

I retired from being a retained fire-fighter after putting in 30 years service. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

I'm in the Highlands of Scotland and I attended incidents all over the Highlands and Moray. Each area will have its own type of usual incidents, being rural, wildfires are very common up here.

You get to see the "other" side of life, whether it be poverty or riches, when people need your help you drop everything and respond to your station.

Although money was not the primary driver, I did very well out of being a fire-fighter at a very busy two pump station.

Of course, there is the not so pleasant part of the job involving casualties, fatalities etc. but your training helps you push yourself to be able to cope under pressure. That said, the laughs and camaraderie more than make up for the sad times.

eob

For anyone thinking about applying for retained / on call fire-fighter jobs,

Go for it.

I retired from being a retained fire-fighter after putting in 30 years service. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

I'm in the Highlands of Scotland and I attended incidents all over the Highlands and Moray. Each area will have its own type of usual incidents, being rural, wildfires are very common up here.

You get to see the "other" side of life, whether it be poverty or riches, when people need your help you drop everything and respond to your station.

Although money was not the primary driver, I did very well out of being a fire-fighter at a very busy two pump station.

Of course, there is the not so pleasant part of the job involving casualties, fatalities etc. but your training helps you push yourself to be able to cope under pressure. That said, the laughs and camaraderie more than make up for the sad times.
Did a contract in a Distillery and one of the operators was a retained Fire Fighter.
His patch covered a section of the A9 and he told me some quite horrific stories.
I dont think he was telling me for the shock value, I just think he forgot he was talking to a civvie.

Trajet

Did a contract in a Distillery and one of the operators was a retained Fire Fighter.
His patch covered a section of the A9 and he told me some quite horrific stories.
I dont think he was telling me for the shock value, I just think he forgot he was talking to a civvie.

Lol, if he had a potato related nickname, I know exactly who you are talking about. :D

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom