second input not receiving

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mendingo, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mendingo

mendingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently upgraded the hard disk in my Sky+. It worked fine for several weeks, with no sign of the 17 minute bug (despite several resets), but a couple of days ago, the second input stopped recieveing, so now, if something is recording, every other station says "no signal recieved".

the wires are still connected, so I think a housekeeping may fix it. However, I'd be interested to know if you think this is related to my putting in a new hard disk, or just an unfortunate bug.

Also, is there any way to lock the second input WITHOUT erasing all my recorded programs?

2. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It sounds more like a broken LNB or front end receiver stage to me.

3. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This is a common issue I used to have, the only way I could fix it was to do a reset by holding down the < and > with you boot the box up (repeatedly until it worked), it should not be a hardware fault.

I have a v1 box and this wipes the programs but my friend with a v2 box says his are ok.

Steve

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    losing signal on the second lnb is often a sign of a problem with the hard drive. If you still have the original 40Gb disk, put it back in and I bet your problem goes away.

Dave