Second hand wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by whiskyboozer, Feb 7, 2009.

1. whiskyboozer

whiskyboozer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Why are there so few (compared to ps3 or 360) in the gamestation etc

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I would have thought that would be obvious. Wii owners generally don't buy that many games and tend to hold on to games longer. The majority of the Wii market is casual and first time gamers not hardcore gamers who buy a lot of games and buy new ones regularly. Therefore you tend to see a lot more second hand PS3 and 360 games.

3. BarneyL

BarneyL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Most of the best games for the Wii are not games you trade in in my opinion, the likes of Mario Kart stay in your games collection to come out at the next party and will only be traded once the next version comes out. There is a shortage of decent story based games that once you've finished you're unlikely to return to, those are the ones that get traded in.
    If you're interested though give Goozex in my sig a check, not a great wii selection compared to other platforms but it's sorted me out for a few things.

Also get yourself a Gamecube controller if you haven't already and start working through the best of the previous generation.

4. whiskyboozer

whiskyboozer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Most of the above had occured to me but then I keep coming back to the fact that the Wii is the best selling console so that should have balanced things out a bit.

5. richard napier

richard napier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know which of the leading Games retailer gives you the best rates on used games ??

6. BarneyL

BarneyL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    In general Cex>Gamestation>Game although apparently gamestation will match Cex prices if you look them up on line.
    None are particularly good though e-bay/goozex etc give far better value if you can be bothered with them - I'm about to get £12 worth of credit for Prey off Goozex (compared to the 60 pence CeX offer) although it does require me to walk through the snow and post the thing to some bloke in Rome.