Second Hand Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by BigStu1972, Apr 10, 2018.

1. BigStu1972

BigStu1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    At present I have a cheap Denon Subwoofer that came with a 5.1 speaker system I bought last year.
    Denon SYS-2020 5.1 Speaker system - Superfi
    I have been slowly replacing the small speakers and am now in a position to change the Sub.

However I am on a budget so have been watching some subwoofers on eBay. The problem is I don't know what these subwoofers would have sold for new so have to google them and then look for reviews etc.

I've been looking at the following subwoofers:

Kef Kube 1
    Cambridge Audio Minx x200
    KEf Q400b
    Rel Quake

Are there any other makes and models that you guys would recommend that I look for on Ebay?
    Are the Subs on my list any good?

I'm looking at a budget up to £150

thanks

2. simonb3665

simonb3665

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Your sub should be easily bettered but be careful buying used as you will find lots of issues with electrics with humming units so try to find something local you can check out.
    If you can accommodate bigger size then do so as you get far more bang for buck the bigger you can go.
    Maybe try a wanted add on the classified here.
    Alternatively looking at something like Monitor Audio MR10 which you should be able to get new for less than #200 and is a big step up from what you have.
    Of course then you will want to upgrade the speakers... then the amp. then, it never ends .. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List