1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second hand scaler ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nicke20, Jan 2, 2005.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    After a lengthy demo of a phd7 I have decided that this is the pannel for me
    (many thanks to pottsy) my plan was to have scart out of my sky+ box into a jstech component converter into a yammy750 amp. my dvd player pioneer656 component out into the amp and then to the pannel. :thumbsup:
    Pottsy then most unkindly demonstrated what the iscan hd+ did to a very nice picture :eek:
    So as budget is tight (the wife sees brochures from richersounds with £1299 plasmas on) can i drop the rstech box and get a second hand scaler to conect this lot together, all im after is a great picture. Im totaly aware of the hdcp issue and am ignoring it as an unnecessary distraction.
    So keeping costs down what second hand model should i look for and how will it all connect, or should i stay with plan a and save for the iscan hd (will that do that lovely smooth 48hz ntsc playback ??)

cheers
    Nick

2. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  3. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    can the HD be upgraded to the HD+ in the future ??

ive reworked the figures and with the scaler I could drop the jstech box and a long component cable and a component board from the plasma that has to be £200 of saving !!

4. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6