Second hand pc

shaynemawer

Hi, misses has been offered a pc Dell Optiplex 9010 and i know these are from 2012 but was wondering if it'd be worth taking and swapping our even older pc. The pc is only really used these days to surf the web and watch a bit of tv via streams etc.

The pc i have now has the following (please don't laugh lol)
Intel core 2 duo E4500, 3gb ram, with a as rock conroe 133-d667 motherboard and ati radeon HD 4600 series graphics card.

The pc been offered is the Dell Optiplex 9010 and it's the same as this serial number DVK9D5J machine, i couldn't find much info out other then 250gb HDD, 4gb ram. nothing regarding processor etc. would ideally like to improve the ram maybe and hdd if we went with the dell.

just wondering which machine would be better for the time been?.

Atomic77

If I were you I would try to get the best you can afford to get. In the world of computers you will always be outdated shortly. so I would take the offer on the DELL.

shaynemawer

If I were you I would try to get the best you can afford to get. In the world of computers you will always be outdated shortly. so I would take the offer on the DELL.

yeah totally understand, even though i pretty much love tech as i've got older the need to have the latest and greatest has died within me. Only recently changed my tv after 12 years.

Atomic77

Yep thats kinda how it is with me too. Im 42 now almost 43 and if Im lucky the most I ever get new technology is once in 6 years.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom