Question Second hand Nintendo Switch Lite

Baigy4

Novice Member
Hi All
I have recently bought a second hand switch Lite, it has the parental locks on, the seller has forgotten and is trying through nintendo to get this changed. I would like to clear it all and start afresh. Is there any way this can be over ridden or factory rest without the pin?
Thanks in advance.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Pretty certain you need the Parental Controls app to enable and disable parental locks.
Always find it slightly fishy when someone says they’ve forgotten.
Are you sure it was their Switch to begin with?

Baigy4

Novice Member
Pretty certain you need the Parental Controls app to enable and disable parental locks.
Always find it slightly fishy when someone says they’ve forgotten.
Are you sure it was their Switch to begin with?
I would like to think so, she is trying to get the pin changed through Nintendo.

fathershroomish

Novice Member
The parental controls app is needed to set up the locks, so she will need to re-download that if she deleted it. The Switch can't be reset without them.

Atomic77

I have no idea why someone who would be selling a used Switch would not erase there data that was on it before they sold it or gave it away in the first place.

dacdesigns

I’m pretty sure there will be a way to unlock it. In fact I’ve bought one with the same issue I’m sure. Have you tried to google the answer?

dacdesigns

This might help:

I’m sure I’ve done this without much hassle, although it looks to depend on the way it’s setup. Hopefully you can do it.