1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second hand NEC V4-DEC board ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by helipilot, Feb 6, 2002.

1. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Does anyone know where I could source a second hand (cheap) NEC V4-DEC PWB PWC-3683. This is the video board which handles composite and S video on the NEC 9PG series CRT projectors. I read somewhere that NEC in America supplied a new board to a Home Cinema enthusiast for $88 !

I would like to use a lightgun via my Dreamcast with the projector. The only way I can see this working is by using an interlaced signal via composite or S Video. My projector is currently used with RGBHV input but will not accept basic video input without this extra board.

Any suggestions

thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Alan,

It's the same video borad that is on the NEC6010. I had one removed from a Switcher I had and fitted to a NEC9.

I'm sure I still have one of these swithchers. It has I x Svideo/Composite, 1 x VGA and 1 X RGB inpuits and outputs RGBHV. I'ts also remote controlled. If you are interested in it (without that board it's pretty useless) then let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out.

Gordon

3. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Gordon,

I could well be interested in your switcher. Drop me an email to let me know how much you want for it. To be honest the switcher will not add any functionality to my system, however its internals will be useful.

cheers