1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second hand mission fs1 5.1 system major problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tim k, Jul 9, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this package on ebay today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786297410&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Paid using paypal for security, all looked fine when the guy delivered in our same home town, but when i connected it to my denon 1805 amp there seems to be major balance problems. Im fortunate enough to have tested the mission 5.1 system below this model which had a great sound. I am getting major buzzing from a few of the speakers, the centre lacks total bass, very tinny. and the sub is not responsive to a test tone although it does output some sound when playin dd movies, however it does not react to the volume button on the back of the sub. I have used the umbilical cord supplied with the system, and also tried a seperate sub cable, but no better.

no what should i do, i have read on this site that a few of u had sub failures and got them fixed from mission. i love the look of the 5.1, very nice flat speakers, and for 187 quid i would be happy if it was fully functional. should i pursue a repair from mission or ask for refund from the seller and put my money elsewhere. i want some flat satellites, do any other brands do these for under £500?? Also what is the ultimate 6.1 under £1k??