• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Second Hand Gaming PC Purchase

SimonB91

I am looking for a cheap pc for some office work and 1080p gaming. Mainly older games and will consider upgrading in the future. I have found a second hand pc on gumtree which by description was built by Overclockers.

I have attached the spec, does £275 seem reasonable for this?

Attachments

• DFAA8E99-B1A0-4989-A76E-9270297E488D.jpeg
    DFAA8E99-B1A0-4989-A76E-9270297E488D.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 34

drinkturps

It does not give the system board name, size of case or PSU power rating. To me it does not look too bad but I'd ask for a bit more detail. But as you only want to play older games the CPU and RAM will be fine, you've got an SSD for the OS and a fave game or two and 1TB HDD for storage.

What games were you thinking of playing? I had a GTX770 and it performed very well on older games at 1080p you may need to turn some stuff down but here's a link for a comparison between the 760 and 770. The CPU is 6 years old but it should be fine for older games. You won't have much of an upgrade path apart from a GPU but I'll let others comment.

SimonB91

Thanks for the reply, apart of me still wonders whether to wait and spend double on a cheap ITX Ryzen build for hopefully £550-£600.

Apart of me really wants to try the new Jurassic World game.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom