Question Second hand Epson TW9000 in 2020. Is this a good deal? Need help fast.

LancerFIN

Standard Member
There is used Epson TW9000 for sale locally. Bought in 2015, 2000 hours on the lamp and does not come with 3D glasses. Asking price is 320€.

Most likely on second lamp so total hours ~6k. I don't care about 3D so no glasses is fine. Image is clean so it has been kept well. Is this a good deal that I should grab? Need to decide fast. I have been using Epson TW3200 since 2012. My friend would want to purchase it from me if I upgrade. So this upgrade would cost very little money. Seems like no brainer to me?

I have total control of light in my theater. My current screen is 92". Projector is mounted 4 meters from the screen. Viewing distance 3.5 meters.

Jump from TW3200 to TW9000 should be significant. What newer models are comperable to the TW9000?

Attachments

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
If you think its a good deal and a no-brainer then go for it!

I'm putting a small home cinema together and can't really afford the latest great 4k projector at the moment so opted for a 1080p JVC projector and must say the image it produces is superb! More than good enough for now as a stop gap!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom