second hand box out of contract ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bwizz, Jul 24, 2004.

1. bwizz

bwizz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats involved in buying and setting up an out of contract sky digi box for free view
    Also do they have a digi sound out like Nokia BBC Freeview
    Thanks

I am a cheepskate !

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Freeview is the brand name for the DTT non-subscription service, it can not be accessed using a digital satellite digibox.
    On satellite using a SKY digibox there are many non-subscription channels and at this time 3 channels that require a FTV (Free To View) smartcard (ITV1, CH4 and Five) which can not be officially obtained.

In a few months SKY will lauch a non-subscription offer which includes a digibox,dish and installation plus the required FTV smartcard for £150. It has it's merits but if you live in a DTT coverage area then the Freeview option for most people would be the way to go.

Only SKY+ of the current range of SKY boxes have a digital audio output(optical), this of course supports DD5.1 which is carried on the movie channels and Disney channel.

3. bwizz

bwizz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks think I will wait for non subscription option .shame about the no digi sound out as it makes quite a improvement aver analoge on my Nokia free veiw box