Second 360 just died :(

st4fore

Another one gone, my first one would not turn on from remote controll and just totalled itself every few minutes, my second one has actually completely buggered my COD2 disc, as the disc never comes out the console, but the DVd drive made loads of odgy noises, before giving me 3 red lights.

I rang up the support and got some baboon who is coming to pick it up and repair it, and says he has filed a report for my COD2, but thats totalled as well. Feel so fed up with MS :thumbsdow

j_s

Gutted mate, I had a scare last night when my wireless controller ran out of juice (using plug and charge - not plugged in at the time), it locked up my game of Halo 2.

W1zz

Could it be possible that your COD2 disc has shattered inside the console and consequently kncked your Xbox360?

I have a hairline crack appearing on the inside rim of my COD2 disc, which is quite worrying as it's rarely out of the console and has never been (Ying/Yang) clicked back inside it's case.

st4fore

Well they are coming to get the xbox - strangely they make you use your own box now? Ill sort the game disc out after iv got my xbox back repaired. Iv heard of people having problems, but 2 boxes in 6 months is annoying :mad:

Anotherlimey

Distinguished Member
People were stealing MS marked boxes hence the reason they now want you to use a plain old supermarket box etc.

st4fore

Anotherlimey said:
People were stealing MS marked boxes hence the reason they now want you to use a plain old supermarket box etc.
that would make sense. They said that the person who picks it up will have the labels so im hoping thats correct. Has anyone had any dealings with returning scratched discs?

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Is it really worth getting m$ involved? How long will the shop you buy a console from agree to exchange a faulty machine? The full year?:confused:

st4fore

MarkusThatch said:
Is it really worth getting m$ involved? How long will the shop you buy a console from agree to exchange a faulty machine? The full year?:confused:
I got it from Gameply online originally :mad:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
st4fore said:
I got it from Gameply online originally :mad:
It's such a lottery with consoles - I've had a US ps2 since Dec 2000 and had no probs. I'm on my 2nd xbox and now thinking of getting a 360 (finally) but I'm not encouraged by all the crappy reports on here.

Indiana Jones

Look on the bright side, if it breaks again they will probaley give you some freebies.

kasumi

Novice Member

LinkinRuss

Standard Member
I'm on my 3rd 360, and looks like it will be the forth anytime soon, Been getting the 3 red lights after long hours of play :s. NOT COOL

st4fore

So clearly there are still major issues. My first xbox was replaced by the second but this time they are simply repairing.I feel abused to have paid nearly £300 to be getting backa repaired console which could go wrong 2 months down the line :mad:

Some people seem to have bad luck

My console was picked up on the night it was released and hasnt given me any problems (the fans are a bit noisy compared to my brothers newer one...)

Does anyone have any idea why so many are going kaput and why?

st4fore

My first one never worked from the day i got it out the box. Basically it was the week before xmas, gameply said they hadno stock, then one morning at 7am i was onlinea nd it said in stock, i rodered then immediately it was out of stock. Ok i thought, is this gonna go through or did they sell out? I got it 3 days later yay! but it looked like the seal had been stuk back down, which was odd as none of it looked like it has been out the box

Anyway, basically it NEVER powred on via controller, so i thought that was just normal, but kept jamming when i as playing. Eventually after months of putting up with lights and crap i phoned up, explained 3 red lights and they said they would just send me a new one and they did. The same has happened this time only they are repairing it NOT replacing it, which tbh sucks! :lesson:

the klang

Novice Member
my second one is due back soon.just kept locking up seconds in to anything i was playing,downloaded demo or disc .no red lights .

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Do they replace the console or just fix and return it?

Mine has knackered after 8 months, sent it off on weds, got a return email that it has been shipped out this morning. UPS tracking says it is in southampton now, so hopefully should receive it tomorrow.

Much better customer service than I am used to from showers of ****e like BT and AOL.

Indiana Jones

Baldybouncer said:
Some people seem to have bad luck

My console was picked up on the night it was released and hasnt given me any problems (the fans are a bit noisy compared to my brothers newer one...)

Does anyone have any idea why so many are going kaput and why?
It is probaley a perspective thing, it might seem like alot of consoles are faulty because of the large amount of people posting on here and other forums but in real life there are probaley 100 people who have never had a problem with their 360 for every 1 person that has.

TankTopLover

I am on my third and it is louder than the other 2 but it works (so far). I have not got much faith in the 360 as a console though,i feel there must be alot of dodgy ones out there.

Argee1977

Novice Member
With so many breaking why aren't microsoft coming out with the reason behind this, and instead of repairing, they should be replacing each broken Xbox with a brand new one thats been corrected to make sure the same problems don't reappear.

I'm on my third one as well.

Indiana Jones

Are we certain an above average number of 360's are breaking though? because like I said before we only hear on forums like this from the people who are having trouble, we dont hear from the thousands who havent had so much as a freeze since launch.

P

pegasus101

My first one packed up last week took a while to get the email lables. The repair got stopped because they couldnt send the email, they spelt email address wrong twice !!!

Waiting for it to return next week or a new one not sure what they have done. I know people who are on their 2nd, 3rd 360 it is not good.:thumbsdow