1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Secam/PAL TV's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by david123, Apr 25, 2002.

1. david123

david123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any decent TV's available that I can use in France and use in the UK? i.e. with 2 tuners built in switched by a setup Menu. I see that some Sony's seem to have this(KV36FS70 and KV32LS35) in their Spec Sheet, but no one I talked too seems to really know. I would want to plug in a UK PAL DVD via a Scart as well.

2. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My Philips 28PW6006 allows me to do this (not that I need to). I think nearly all Philips TVs allow you to.

AFAIK, all DVDs are either PAL or NTSC. From what I heard there aren't any SECAM dvds, as virtually every SECAM tv made in the last x years is PAL compatible...

3. david123

david123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats interesting - I might buy one in france. All its price really and getting performance/reliability/warranty/service for your wonga.