Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO

I'm waiting for GAME to drop their in-store price, or put it on sale. Can't afford t buy any games right now but do have credit in there, not willing to get it at £44.99 though as that's just too much.

If they drop it to £34.99 I'll grab it.
I know what you mean odd1ne. I did love the demo and found it a nice challenge. I should just buy it really as I know that I'd love it. I expect it to drop in price fairly quickly and will snap it up if I see it around the 30 mark

Okay chaps £29 at Amazon ....
Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4):Amazon.co.uk:PC & Video Games

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Up to £30.99 now. There's a marketplace seller selling for £29, but he looks to be US based. Still it's a tempting price.

Thanks for the heads-up. Very good price, but as mentioned no good for me as I can only get this from in-store GAME due to having credit there. Really can't afford games at the moment. Hopefully will drop at some point.

Have you ever considered renting games from boomerang. Most games arrive on day of release

It's annoying it's not out in the states or Canada or I would get it digitally from there cus it would be miles cheaper

It came back in stock at £29.99 at Amazon so I've gone for it. Will give me my Rally fix until Dirt rally in a couple of months.

It came back in stock at £29.99 at Amazon so I've gone for it. Will give me my Rally fix until Dirt rally in a couple of months.
I don't think you will be disappointed it is a lot of run, maybe not the prettiest game but it does play real well

Right then! This arrived today and I have had a bash this evening. These are my initial thoughts :-

Firstly, i've not played it with the wheel yet (T300), but will hopefully get to give it a go on that soon. That said, i've really enjoyed playing this on the pad tonight. I've left gears on semi auto and have left some abs on, as it was just a bit too much with everything off on the pad. I was soon competitive and then winning on medium quite easily (by around 10-15 seconds on average) so I could do with knocking up the AI difficulty now, but the driving model is really satisfying, requiring some careful throttle control and accurate steering. I've really enjoyed all of the stages i've driven so far (including the snow of Norway, the dusty arid landscape in Australia and the flowing countryside of Alsace) and they all feel very authentic, with nice narrow tracks and some great scenery.

I actually think that whilst the car models and visual fidelity are below the level of a larger developer (such as Polyphony Digital, Turn 10 or Codemasters), the whole thing has a great visual feel to it, with a great colour palate and some really nice lighting of the stages. There are some framerate issues and it's not going to win any awards on the technical front, but I do like it visually.

Audio is pretty good too. There's accurate and timely stage notes read out by your co-driver, decent atmospheric sound effects and reasonable car noises. Again, there's nothing here to really blow you away, but it's pretty good.

All in all, i've really enjoyed my first bash at this and am looking forward to playing it on the wheel. I expect Dirt Rally to be the better game, but if you are after a Rally fix between now and April, or you just want some additional Rally variety, then this is a good buy! After the few hours i've played on this tonight, it seems like a solid 8/10 game to me. It's fun and i'm glad I went for it! Here's a couple of vids...

If it wasn't for my inability to escape from the clutches of Driveclub(Witcher3 + MGSV still gathering dust) and the incoming Dirt Rally,I'd be tempted by this.Saying that,could you let us know how it fares with the wheel Cas?

I am finding medium on rallies to be quite easy as well, but some of the rallycross events the CPU seems a lot quicker. I know what you mean about the look of the rallies they do feel very real you can almost imagine being there in most of them. I have only come across a framerate issue once or twice which isn't to bad really for all the stick it had.

What 70's car did you go with? I had the bmw, took a while to get used to only having 4 gears :rotfl:

If it wasn't for my inability to escape from the clutches of Driveclub(Witcher3 + MGSV still gathering dust) and the incoming Dirt Rally,I'd be tempted by this.Saying that,could you let us know how it fares with the wheel Cas?

The wheel works very well, it goes light when you go over dips and jumps which is nice, when you get a puncher it really wobbles around the steering loads. Its brilliant.

I haven't dabbled with a 70's car yet, just doing the first lot of Races at the moment in the 106. Sounds good re: the wheel :)

Last edited:
I havn't tried my wheel at 360 I think mine is at 540, I might try 360 see how it goes. Bit annoying 3 weeks after the game came out my fav focus's is in the dlc pack :mad: Why couldn't they include it straight away.

Watched a very positive review on Inside Sim Racing of PS4 version vs PC version.

The PS4 version supposedly runs much more smoothly and is less buggy overall. They were impressed with PS4 version.

Watched a very positive review on Inside Sim Racing of PS4 version vs PC version.

The PS4 version supposedly runs much more smoothly and is less buggy overall. They were impressed with PS4 version.

I watched that light, they didn't sound happy about the pc version. I got to say the ps4 one version is very good I haven't come across much slowdown at all.

This is now £24 on Amazon. Worth a punt?

Ordered for £22.99 from Amazon for Day One edition Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO - Day One Edition (PS4): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

That includes Pikes Peak Gravel and 900 bhp Suzuki that set the record. Worth £6.49 as DLC although I note is only a 1.9mb download so must be on the disk !

Will give this a try with the wheel and will see me through to Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on PS4.

Inside Sim Racing really did like this on PS4.

Didn't spot that version. Just ordered it, at that price it's worth a punt I reckon. I'm definitely getting Dirt Rally as well, but if this is any good I can wait until that drops in price too!

CHEAPSKATE.:laugh: hehe

Had a bit of a play over the weekend, but only briefly and so far it seems pretty solid, especially for £25! Really need a hand brake adaptor for the wheel, as trying to find a button whilst driving is more than difficult!
It's frustrating in places, but that's the nature of rallying I guess, silly mistake can undo all your hard work in a fraction of a second!
Glad I bought this, but will still be getting Dirt Rally!

Had a bit of a play over the weekend, but only briefly and so far it seems pretty solid, especially for £25! Really need a hand brake adaptor for the wheel, as trying to find a button whilst driving is more than difficult!
It's frustrating in places, but that's the nature of rallying I guess, silly mistake can undo all your hard work in a fraction of a second!
Glad I bought this, but will still be getting Dirt Rally!
I thought that the handling is very solid and the courses are varied as well. I mapped the handbrake to A I wished the buttons on wheels where better thought out

I wonder if I can map the handbrake to the clutch pedal???? o_O

I couldnt help you on that one I have only the standard 2 pedal one.

Well you can! It is however taking some training to be able to press it as a handbrake without instinctively changing gear at the same time! It is already better than using a button and failing to press it properly though! lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom