Sebastian Vettel announces his retirement

gex23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sebastian Vettel has announced his retirement from F1 at the end of the 2022 season

“I have had the privilege of working with many fantastic people in Formula One over the past 15 years - there are far too many to mention and thank. Over the past two years I have been an Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team driver - and, although our results have not been as good as we had hoped, it is very clear to me that everything is being put together that a team needs to race at the very highest level for years to come.

“I have really enjoyed working with such a great bunch of people. Everyone - Lawrence, Lance, Martin, Mike, the senior managers, the engineers, the mechanics and the rest of the team - is ambitious, capable, expert, committed and friendly, and I wish them all well. I hope that the work I did last year and am continuing to do this year will be helpful in the development of a team that will win in the future, and I will work as hard as I can between now and the end of the year with that goal in mind, giving as always my best in the last 10 races.

“The decision to retire has been a difficult one for me to take, and I have spent a lot of time thinking about it; at the end of the year I want to take some more time to reflect on what I will focus on next; it is very clear to me that, being a father, I want to spend more time with my family. But today is not about saying goodbye. Rather, it is about saying thank you - to everyone - not least to the fans, without whose passionate support Formula One could not exist.”

Top class guy, really grown to like him - hope he stays on our TVs with F1 punditry / analysis.

Enjoy retirement and your 4 WCs Sebastian 👏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
Sebastian Vettel has announced his retirement from F1 at the end of the 2022 season

Top class guy, really grown to like him - hope he stays on our TVs with F1 punditry / analysis.

Enjoy retirement and your 4 WCs Sebastian 👏🏻🙏🏻

When I first saw his new beard/haircut combo, I assumed he was looking at forming a Wurzels tribute band.

After his time at Red Bull and Ferrari, didn't think for one minute I'd be sad about this but I've grown to really like him. Top bloke and will be a huge gap missing from F1.

I’ve grown to like Seb over the years, has really turned out to be a top guy.

I remember when he started winning races and used his finger as a ‘1’ in celebration- I always wanted to break that finger.

Good luck to him in the future and hopefully Sky will replace Nico Rosberg with Seb 🤞

Vettels official announcement video

Who’s cutting onions in here? 🥺😢

Like others have said, he really grew on me to. I’ll miss him more than sulky brat Raikkonen.

One of the very few drivers actually that once he was ahead, he made no mistakes and was very thorough and professional, may not have been an exciting driver.

No one wins 4 in a row with luck, plus 2009 he would have won it too ( could have been 5), look closely at the stats of the season Jenson was fortunate that Seb's car failed 1 or 2 times I think.

Out in front, never made a mistake ?

Canada 2011

He made plenty of mistakes in a Ferrari.
The main one being, he was in Ferrarri with his Ferrarri pitwall doing Ferrari things.

He faltered under pressure a few times causing driving errors.
And yet still has 4 x WDCs to his name.

Go figure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom