Season Two of The Walking Dead released on Blu-ray in August

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to catch up with this surprisingly good zombie series

When original show-runner Frank Darabont was sacked during pre-production on season two of this adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name, people feared the worst. However good writing and a strong cast, including Brit Andrew Lincoln in the lead, saved The Walking Dead from walking off and the word is that the second season is just as good as the first.

This Blu-ray release of the second season of The Walking Dead makes its undead way to stores on the 27th of August and as a three disc set costing less than £30 it’s worth tearing someone's arm off for.

20120816153807.jpg

The end of civilization was just the beginning for Rick Grimes and the other survivors. As the fight to stay alive intensifies and personal rivalries continue to fuel, the group struggles to hold on to their humanity in a time where slim chances are all that is left.

Extras include:

• Featurettes: All The Guts Inside, Live or Let Die, The Meat of the Music, Fire on Set, The Ink is Alive, The Sound of the Effects, In the Dead Water, You Could Make a Killing, She Will Fight, The Cast on Season 2 & Extras Wardrobe
  • Deleted Scenes:"What Lies Ahead", "Save The Last One", "Secrets", "Pretty Much Dead Already", "Nebraska", "Judge, Jury, Executioner", "Better Angels", "Beside The Dying Fire" (with optional audio commentary with executive producer Glen Mazzara)
  • UK Exclusive Feature: Character Profiles

That's annoying, seems like it was the distributor rather than anything to do with the BBFC, hopefully the Season 2 set won't be affected.

Im also interested to know if it has any cuts in it. If the first was a mistake then hopefully the 2nd season will remain uncut.

I can't say I noticed the cuts in the first season, it's not as though it was short on gore! My copy of the second season turned up on Wednesday and whilst I haven't had a chance to watch any yet, it does have an 18 certificate compared the first season's 15, so I suspect no cuts intentional or otherwise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom