Season Pass Now £34.99

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
:mad:

Is my emotion to a tee. I just bought this a fortnight ago for £41.99. I held off and off as I did not want to pay £41.99 and thought it was never going to drop, I also saw posts on forums of people saying there would be a huge backlash if they dropped the price by those who paid the £42 so Activision would never be stupid enough to drop the price., so I bought, and now its £34.99

What is the pont in doing the I will never speech as I know its not true but I am peed off immensely about this.

This company just has no brains or decency in its treatment of PS3 users.

Last edited:

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Yet you keep throwing money at them.....

I know. I held off and off and off. And I just seen people making justified comments that no way would Activision drop the price as it would cause a storm or annoyed people if they did.

So I bought and they have done it.

I really want to do a geeky keyboard warrior mission onto those swines at Activision for doing this I am that annoyed. All they have done is charged £7 more to those people stupid enough to be loyal and buy the pass early.

Det

Distinguished Member
438574-albums1190-picture7223.gif

How is it any different than people paying full price to have a game on release than those waiting a month or two for the $10 off deals?

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Dont you always tell people to wait on the DLC's due to previous ones going cheap as bundles Anth?

uzer

Det said:
How is it any different than people paying full price to have a game on release than those waiting a month or two for the $10 off deals?

Who pays full price for games? I haven't since MW2 and I get nearly all my games on release. Usually at 33% off.

Det

Distinguished Member
Who pays full price for games? I haven't since MW2 and I get nearly all my games on release. Usually at 33% off.
You do from preorder deals or getting certificates from previous preorders. On the invoice though, it shows full price and then your discounts and coupon codes/certificates below it.

I'm just saying a majority of the population that doesn't play the companies against themselves like you with preorders, trade-ins, etc pay full price for games if they want them on release or shortly after.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I don't think they had much choice but to reduce the price.

Once the first DLC came out, the vest majority of people will have either paid for it, or bought the season pass.

If they kept the price at £42, they wouldn't have sold many more, as it would be poor value to anyone who had bought DLC1.

SO by bringing it down to £35, they are intending to catch some people who paid for DLC1 and might consider getting the season pass for the rest.

It stands to reason that just before DLC3 comes out, it will drop again to something around £25.

uzer

Det said:
You do from preorder deals or getting certificates from previous preorders. On the invoice though, it shows full price and then your discounts and coupon codes/certificates below it.

I'm just saying a majority of the population that doesn't play the companies against themselves like you with preorders, trade-ins, etc pay full price for games if they want them on release or shortly after.

It's an acquired skill formed out of my intense hatred of best buy. It actually costs them money to have me as a customer, I'm that good.

Det

Distinguished Member
I really like Best Buy! Not for their prices but because they are right down the street and if I need anything AV and don't want to wait, I can run down the street and pop in and pay a few bucks more to get one.

Also, got my son's cell phone replaced for free through them (well, not really free cuz I pay $10 a mo for insurance cuz he's terrible with phones). Their Geek Squad protection comes in handy with items that get a lot of abuse (although the warranty cost is a bit pricy, if you know you'll use it, it's good value).

uzer

Yea, it costs bb around 10 per month to have my business.

Det

Distinguished Member
10 in profit... they are still making profit on your business. Unless they make pennies on each game sale.

Det

Distinguished Member
£29.99 now

going to get it at this price .
AAAAAHHHahahahahahahahahah!!!

saltinwound.jpg

I couldn't find a good pic of throwing salt in the wound so that'll have to do!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom