Season Pass and Covid.

markie g

Distinguished Member
Is anyone aware of any guidance given regarding season passes and COVID?

In short, we bought a season pass just before the full lockdown, a family pass for about £100, we got 2 trips and haven't been able to go since. We've just learnt that the company that supplied it are not extending instead offering a discounted rate if we renew... but previously our daughter was too young to pay for, so now we'd have to pay £80 (at the discounted rate) to renew the membership. Annoying.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
That is a p*ss take. I’d demand my money back. What use of it have you had? Can you claim from your credit card or anything?

PaulDNAP

Yeah, it's a bit poor, but then the whole world is utterly bonkers right now, it's not you fault you didn't use it, but it is not their fault either, they've had a terrible year where next to nobody has visited and so they are lucky to still be going at all - I can understand why you're annoyed but chalk it up to "one of the sh*tty things that came out of the covid years" - pay them for the next year and fingers crossed you get to use it more than the last one.

D

Deleted member 897717

A
Yeah, it's a bit poor, but then the whole world is utterly bonkers right now, it's not you fault you didn't use it, but it is not their fault either, they've had a terrible year where next to nobody has visited and so they are lucky to still be going at all - I can understand why you're annoyed but chalk it up to "one of the sh*tty things that came out of the covid years" - pay them for the next year and fingers crossed you get to use it more than the last one.

Agreed...the "wildlife" have had to be fed, sheltered, receive vet care and been limited by welfare of animals the number of staff they could furlough...otherwise there would be no "wildlife" left for visitors to see now. And since some of these "wildlife" places are part of "conservation" or "breeding programmes" to help maintain endangered species I think I would try to see the loss as much as a "donation for wildlife".

Maybe this period will make more people think twice about these sorts of deals...they only work out cheaper if you get to make full/maximal use of them.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
I agree with the above two posts. You did get a couple of visits on your pass, although at £50 each that's probably a bit steep.

However, you are now being offered a renewed pass at £80, which presumably would normally be rather more than £100 considering you'd now have to include your daughter. Many places are having to up their prices this year to try and recoup last year's losses, and places like zoos, with irreducible ongoing costs, must be amongst the hardest hit.

I think we all should consider cutting these places some slack in the circumstances. If we don't and they go out of business, we'd all be the losers. That being said, we should be alert for blatant profiteering, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Laureline

Distinguished Member
As it's a private company they get to make their own rules about how they're going to handle refunds, reduced prices ...etc.

The Government isn't going to make any legislation compelling companies to give everyone a refund, it would be the final nail in a lot of companies coffins

Though a lot of big cinema chains suspended their Premium Passes mine was with a small independent cinema and I'm waiting to see if they even manage to re-open. If they do I'll gladly subscribe for another year

markie g

Distinguished Member
Thanks everyone.

We're more than happy to support local business.

However, this company has been questionable throughout the pandemic:
1) Eat out to help out, we'd go to this place most weekends and they seemed to pick and choose what was included (sometimes drinks, icecreams etc were, then next weekend "they are not included") - no doubt still claiming.
2) Influx of people in the same scenario with me on social media and them removing postings/not replying to posts regarding memberships.
3) I've tried to query the issue directly via facebook messenger and i'm simply getting ignored, the only reply i had was when i queried the membership extension which the reply was "see our facebook page".

Now if it they had approached it a different way and said "We really struggled during the pandemic etc" apologising i'd have no issues renewing and showing support.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom