Searching for the Best Projector Screen

Panonut

Novice Member
Greetings. Our current 4:3 8' X 6' fixed screen is in need of replacement. The Mitsubishi XD-560U projector's native resolution is 1020 X 768 but has a16:9. setting. We would like to go with 16:9 since that seems to be a more popular size and we always have trouble making our PowerPoint presentations fit properly even when FULL SCREEN is selected and 4:3 size.

Mitsubishi XD-560U
Distance to screen 13'
Native resolution 1020 x 768
Capable of 4:3 and 16:9
Distance to first viewer 25'
Distance to furthest viewer 55'
Width of viewing area 40'

We are replacing an old Da-lite 8' x 6' fixed, wall mounted screen.
Primary use is PowerPoint Presentations set to 4:3 but never fill
the screen no matter how set up.

Budget $600-1000
Ideas and comments greatly appreciated.
BUMC Church

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
You can use this website to see what screen sizes you can achieve (although simply measuring the width with the projector running will give you your best size options). As I'm not sure what screens are available where you are situated, I would say, look a Gain of around 1.8 to 2.4 if the display area is bright (which I expect). This website has a few options although I cannot vouch for their quality or reputation plus the annoyance of not being able to turn off the daft audio commentary that automatically plays makes me want to ignore it. But they do offer quite a few fabric options with screened frames that would be useful to your needs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom