Searching for Listings...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ched, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ched

ched

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I have had my Amstrad Sky + box for about 6 weeks and it has been working OK apart from the following intermittent fault:
    If I select the TV Guide sometimes I get Searching for listings on all channels for all times no matter how long I give it to search (I have waited up to 30 mins). I also get Further scheduale information is not available when I just press the select button when the fault occurs.

Most of the time it all works fine, does any one have any ideas of what might be causing this or is this a fault with the Sky+ Box???

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    i think we all get it every now and then. i got it earlier on when i wanted to see what movies were on on wednesday nite, it just couldn't display 8-10pm on sky movies 3 and 5. turned the box off, back on, went back to page and there they were.

strange. just a download fault. but if u look in All Channels listing it seems to "re-download" the tv guide and then works too.

don't worry about it is all i can say.

hth,

jammy

3. ched

ched

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. I have power cycled the box and it all works fine. Thanks.

As it goes I have had the odd channel not giving details in the guide a few times but it usually corrected its self after a while. But this fault was with all channels on all menus.

Hopefully it will be OK for a while.

thanks