Searching for listings... Please Wait

A

Azrikam

My Sky Panasonic digibox conked out on me sometime last night. (Friday) When I got up this morning, I was faced with the "Searching for listings... Please Wait". As I've had this happen before, I unplugged the box, waited a few minutes, then turned it back on... no luck.

Since then, I've done several reboots, and one forced download, and still no channels! At this point, I assumed that my dish had been knocked askew, or the cable had come detached. I took a look at the dish, and it seemed fine.

I went into the system menu of my box, and did a Signal test. It seemed ok. As I haven't seen any posts about this anywhere else, I must assume that it's my machine and not a Sky problem.

I was convinced that my box wasn't receiving a signal until I was trolling through the menu, and thought of checking my added channels. I did this, and TV3 comes up, with a perfect signal! (now, I'm stumped)

I thought maybe my viewing card was messed up, but shouldn't I still be able to get the FTA channels with the card removed?

Any thoughts? Calling Sky is a last resort, but I think I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

Easy way to check the performance of your dish/lnb is to try another digibox on it.
SKY did seem to have some troubles this weekend but maybe that isn't related to your problems.
As for TV3, well there is FTA which can be picked up by any digital reciever then there is FTA that requires a digibox.
Last week it seemed a movie channel was broadcast unencrypted but a digibox wouldn't show the channel if you weren't a subscriber but a genuine FTA reciever would.

Try another digibox if you can and if it works then yep you'll have to give SKY a call or source another digibox yourself.

Sounds like a plan. Now I only have to find somebody who will loan me their digibox for a few hours.

Does anyone know of any screenshots of the "Signal Test" screen in the digibox menu? On second glance, the 2 bars were there. (one being 2/3 full, and the other just over 1/2) But, should the bars be coloured in, or just visible?

Ok, I (inadvertently) fixed the problem. This one definitely goes in the "totally weird" file.

I got someone to come in to check my dish, and there was no problem. The signal was coming into the digibox loud and clear. So, I booked a visit from Sky, but was told that they couldn't come out until Monday. (aaargh!)

So, I resigned myself to the fact that I would be without TV until then, and decided that since my "other channels" still worked, I would add some channels so that I still might be able to get some basic television. I added (among others) BBC2. I jumped to BBC2 via the "other channels" menu, and... bang! I was on channel 102, back in the system, and my digibox was fully functional again!

Although the circumstances were pretty rare, I guess this could be added as a potential fix for other people's digibox problems. Oh well, I'm off to catch up on 4 days of lost TV.

Thanks M8,

I've just left my digibox with the same message. I didn't bother to wait as I've seen this message before and it usually clears itself. Thinking about it, and reading your post I was watching the footy from my "ADD" channels list.

Oh well now I now what to do if the message is still there after I've finished here.

Bazza

Glad it helped. In my case, as soon as I switched to BBC2 from "other channels", the digibox would accept channel numbers again. I just hit "106", and my box was full functional again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom