1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for a Mitsubishi VCR code

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by GreenBars, Nov 5, 2004.

1. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Can anyone help me please?

With my new TV (Sony KD28DX50U) I received a remote control (RM933), which should be able to control other manufacturer's VCRs & DVD players. Unfortunately, no code was supplied which could control my Mitsubishi VCR (HS-561V). A :lease: call to Sony Technical Support resulted in me being recommended to contact Mitsubishi - I don't think they still sell consumer electronics in the UK, which makes them difficult to contact!

Is there anyone out there who knows of a code which will do the trick?

2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    RE. the RM933.

If you're talking about an internal code database; it doesn't have your VCR listed; it's not a learning remote; there's nowt to be done.

If it is a learning remote, just teach it you VCR codes.

If you no longer have the VCR remote try here - http://www.remotesreplaced.co.uk/makes/mitsubishi.htm

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I'm afraid there simply isn't a pre-programmed code on the Sony remote to operate your Mitsubishi.

Sony didn't include one, as Mitsubishi hasn't made a vcr in years.

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I decided to go back to the manual and take another look at the codes listed against various manufacturers. The codes were between 301 and 361 and I noticed that the following codes were not shown: 346, 347 & 356. I entered 346 into the remote and lo and behold, I can now control my Mitsubishi VCR with my Sony remote! One for others to try out maybe.