Searching for a DVD-RAM Player

gobstopper

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this subject has been covered before, but all attempts over the past couple of days to use the 'Search This Forum' option seems to result in a null response (a blank web page and the word "Done" in the browser status bar), so I though I may as well ask the question.

I have a Panny DMR-EH60D recorder which does everything I ask of it, including writing to DVD-RAM discs. This is handy as I quite often record progs for a colleague who has a Tosh recorder which supports the same format (and he reciprocates, as we both travel a short notice in our jobs).

What I'd really like is to replace my very aged Pioneer DVD player, which lives in my bedroom, and at 7 years old is about the size of an 1970's VCR, for something smaller and more modern, preferably cheap-ish (sub £100), and most importantly with DVD-RAM support. While I use the HDD for 99% of recordings, what I'd like is the ability to quickly dub a programme onto a RAM disk so I can watch it on the other player.

Does anyone know of a likely candidate? And given that I have already had quite a hunt around I'd appreciate it if someone could explain why DVD-RAM support is so rare in players?

Hi,Panasonic s52eb this multi format player can play back dvd-ram and also upscales via hdmi .It slim and modern with both good audio and video and I think the rrp is £99.99 but could probably be purchased for less if you do a search.

Regards Martin

Try MultiRegion Magic Paul Taylor in Peterborough. He has the Panasonic S52EBS for £99.00 multi-region ready to go. He also has the Sony DVP-NS76H for £89.00 multi-region. If you cannot collect, postage is only around £10.00.

Thanks for the pointers, guys.

Hadn't thought about multi-region, but as the unit it is pontentially replacing is also multi-region it means that won't have to worry about which of my existing movies will/won't work.

I'm just having a wander around the Multiregion Magic site while writing this and have noticed that as well as the Panny S52, they also do an S42 which is also DVD-RAM compatible and 30 quid less which makes it much more appealing to the wallet.

It is only for a bedroom so the lack of HDMI upscaling isn't a big factor, nor would the apparent absence of the DD 5.1/DTS decoder. Can anyone see any other major deficiency which I haven't noticed?

Or, am I just being a tight :nono: and should fork out the extra 30 quid in the first place ;)

No need to pay for things you dont need so why not save yourself the £30.00:thumbsup:

Regards Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom