Searching for a 1080p, 49inch tv to use as a computer monitor

gazz292

Novice Member
I have some disabilities, so i'm stuck in bed a lot, and i have set up my computer at the end of the bed. with an overbed table holding the keyboard n mouse etc.

i'm using a ~2008 vintage 42 inch lcd tv... uses cold cathodes for the backlight and it chucks out a ton of heat in use.

i need a tv that dosent get so hot in use, and want to go for a slightly bigger screen,
i can fit a screen that's upto 1115mm wide in the space i have, which seems to equate to a 49 inch screen with a thin bezel.

i have no interest in 4k.. i've recently bought a new graphics card for the computer that works best at 1080p resolutions, and i only run one game/simulator on the pc (TS 2019) and it works best at 1080p at my viewing distance.
also i have a PS4 connected to the same tv... again it's the standard normal HD version, NOT 4K .

i never watch actual TV... maybe occasionaly netflix via the ps4, but this tv will be 99.9% of the time used as a computer monitor.

I've seen this tv at richer sounds : Lg 49lk5900pla

But no idea if it's rubbish for what i want, it's size is perfect, and the price is around what i want to pay for a non 4k tv.

But i can't find a pixel response time... the game i play is not a fast paced shooting type game.. it's a train driving simulator that runs from 20 to 60 fps,
But i dont want to get a new tv and find out i get bad motion blurr.

Any recomendations?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom