Seamless Branching/LG2330P

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jay2000, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received Abyss SE (R4) and my LG 2330P player is having problems with the Special Edition version chapter fill-ins (seamless branching).

Its skipping in chapter 7 at the point where the Theatrical Version would cut to Ch8 instead of playing the remaining 2 mins of the SE Ch7. Hope that makes sense!

Anyway it looks like I need a firmware upgrade but I doubt that LG will do this until the Abyss SE disc is released in the UK. Even then, my player is chipped so I'm wondering if LG will even touch my player now its been modified and if they do, will the upgrade stop my mod-chip from working??? Its a bloody minefield...

Anyone have any experience on this problem?

Hope you can help.

Jay

------------------
    "What the fudge - if ya cant say it, ya can't do it..."

2. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not heard of anyone else having problems with seamless branching on LG players.
    Have you tried cleaning the disc.
    The only time i noticed a layer change on my LG3200 was when a dirty disc caused it to stall at the layer change(that was on ID4 also a seamless branching disc).Cleaning the disc cured the problem.

3. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has nothing to do with layer change. I checked the disc after I noticed the problem and its spotless (its a brand new disc!)

Jay

------------------
    "What the fudge - if ya cant say it, ya can't do it..."