Sea Fever Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the Review, Cas - will watch out for this, as a one-set kind of intense Movie sounds a nice change to much out there.

thanks Cas and I agree 7 is fair - maybe a bit too slow in pacing? enjoyable watch though

by the way Cas have you watched money heist?

this turned out better than I expected. It'll no doubt end up compared to Underwater (which I think it actually holds it's own against despite the restricted budget) the same way that Leviathan, Deepstar Six and The Abyss always get lumped together, but in all honesty I think it can sit quite happily alongside all of them without looking out of place. The lack of money behind it didn't really do it any harm, it feels like it's coming from the same kind of place as Gareth Edwards' Monsters, giving it a touch of realism that the bigger budget films always lack.
I thought they made the best of their limitations and came up with something very watchable. I will hold up my hands and say the bigger budget films of this type do have a bit more to bring me back to watch them again in the future., but if this pops up on Film4 in a year's time I'll definitely Tivo it.

I watched this last night. I enjoyed it, but I felt it was lacking something and it's unlikely I would watch it again. A good 6/10 and worth a watch.

Nice review Cas, now I probably have to add this to my watchlist :)

Thank you for the review Cas. I haven't yet managed to watch this but its been on my sonar for a while and i will order the blu ray at some point.

I watched this yesterday and thought it was pretty dire. Some decent actors struggling with a woeful script. Lots of counter-intuitive behaviour and unbelievable scenarios. Real ‘ Hey guys we need to turn the lights off and split up’ stuff.
4/10

Oh dear, this started out quite well with a good set up, but despite a short 90 minute run time, the last 30 minutes was a drag. It was so dull, I fell asleep twice and had to keep rewinding. Apart from a couple of decent shock moments, there want much going on and the performances were flat and didn’t sell the tension. These kind of one location stories can work with the right script and actors, but this one didn’t.

Yeah, I have to agree with @The_Wierd the set-up was quite good, but there was no payoff. I think I said elsewhere it was like The Thing without the head spiders and chest teeth.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom