SE K800i - Connectivity with MACs

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by jackinov, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jackinov

jackinov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Really want the K800i. Camera said to be amazing and that's the most important ancillary feature when it comes to making my decision.

But I'm not sure if I'll benefit fully from what the phone's camera has to offer.

I own a iMac running on the latest version of MAC OS X. After a visit to the sony ericsson website, I've learned that all their downloadable software is only compatible with Windows.

Is their any unofficial applications that will allow me to transfer, edit and print my photos taken on my SE K800i? If not, can I just transfer my pics to my MAC using Bluetooth and then print them out?

Or should I forget the SE and go with a brand that caters more to MAC users? Is there even such brand? MAC users are perenially excluded by third-parties, even in the iMac and iPod aftermath. Are there any manufacturers who offer support to those who refuse to fill Bill Gates' pockets in exchange for an inferior product?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    My girlfriend has a Mac Book. I plugged in my K800i and iPhoto automatically picked up on it, and downloaded all my photos. Believe me, the mac communication with the K800i is infinitely superior to the PC one.

3. jackinov

jackinov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sweet! Did she connect it using bluetooth or a USB cable?

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    USB Cable. Bluetooth was attempted last night and it didn't work great. Very slow with dropped signal.