Sdi Sky/ Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by avunknown, Feb 13, 2005.

1. avunknown

avunknown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HAY HAS ANYBODY TRIED THE SDI SKY/SKY+ BOXES THAT PLUGGEDINTV ARE OFFERING ON ONE OF THE LINKS ALSO WHAT ARE THEIR LNB'S LIKE? IF ANYBODY KNOWS..

CHEERS
    AVUNKNOWN

:lease:

2. hawkrigg71

hawkrigg71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked at these and think they are a Pace Sky + version 1 box with a SDI card fitted in, plugged directly into the mpeg card in the sky box (ie. before the digital signal is converted to analogue and sent out via the svideo or scart). You should get a pure digital signal coming out of the SDI card which you have to plug via a £30 BNC lead (you don't go mad on a BNC digital lead because you do not get leakage, because the signal is digital 1's or 0's you do not loose quality), to your screen if you have a sdi connection in it, if not you can have a sdi card put into a DVDO HD iscan (about £1000), which will convert to component or better ie. DVI. I hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't make any sense but i have got pieces from different places and this is the feeling i get, right or wrong?? I havn't looked into a converter for SDI to just DVI, maybe worth looking for, as the DVDO offers a lot more than just converting the signal, it tries to convert to 1080i and 720p.