SDI players and modifications

Ikki

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for an SDI player or SDI mods for an existing player, this Dutch company may be of interest:

http://www.jvb.nl/

They also do multiregion mods and a range of US players in MR.

I think a number here have tried them, they do seem quite expensive though and we have Elliot from PJ hifi who is based in the UK and does these mods.

all the best

ad

this in uk . SDI Panasonic RP-82: In stock. Upgraded with SDI output. Multi-region, DVD Audio. Onboard DD and DTS. Progressive scan using the highly rated Genesis FLI2200 chipset. Chroma bug free MEI MPEG decoder. The RP-82 produces the most natural looking DVD images we have seen, the progressive output is quite exceptional (480p only from NTSC discs, not 576p PAL progressive capable) £479.00 including VAT and UK delivery http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/accessories.htm#rp82

I think the crt projectors player is the same as those supplied by pms video.... I could be wrong though. It is a total bargain, no unmodified player within about 5 times the price is going to match its picture

ad

hi ad
i am looking for a upgrade for my pioneer 737 player.
and i am looking at the SDI Panasonic RP-82: or the
pioneer dv757. thanks joe.

well i'd def go for the panasonic but you need to keep in mind that you would also need to budget for a scaler..... you could do this with the pc for as little as a few hundred but the cheapest hardware solution will be about £1k

ad

Folks,

I've got the XP50 (same gubbins as RP82) and the NTSC progressive out to Panny 42" plasma is unbelievable.

I just finished downloading the LOTR TTT WMVHD 720p and compared it to the DVD and there is hardly anything in it and not worth the bother, on a 42" plasma anyway.

I'd love to compare the XP50 480p to the Denon A11 720p output.

Go for that deal at CRT, its a bargain.

Can't wait to get my SDI kit for my XP50, although i've not got a processor with SDI in or a digital-in display(thinking ahead you see :) )

Steve.

I have the RP-82 and the progressive out is superb, it is the most natural looking dvd I have ever seen, regardless of price, cant wait to try the sdi out.

it is now..... I had mine for sale at £400, then £350 and then it finally sold at £300! :eek: You missed a bargain!

ad

I didn't..! :smoke: :smashin:

Originally posted by SimonO
I didn't..! :smoke: :smashin:

:D a wise man! What processor will you be using it with Simon?

All the best

ad

One of the new Lumagens, but I need to pay for the plasma first so unfortunately it'll be component until Christmas... :(

Jackass,

At the moment I have the rp82..... simon has bought it of me so I wont have it for much longer. I have an sdi arcam dv27 on order with Elliot to replace it.

Simon,
I notice your plasma is only on order..... if you only got one of the panasonic plasmas.... you could get the panasonic plasma and the lumagen dvi for the same amount as you'll be paying for the pioneer plasma....

ad

Wow... Don't start me off on plasma's..! :suicide:

I have a panny SDI player, they are great, I am looking to upgrade to the Arcam :)

I'm stuck between going Arcam 27 SDI or Denon A11 SDI?

:confused:

well Ive never thought so much of denon, there always seem to be plenty of denon based issues. Thats maybe unfair, but thats how I read it. Also Arcam being a small company draws me towards them. You can additionally consider it that the arcam dv27 is now a known entity as far as sdi mods go.... there will soon be quite a few people on here with this player...... I havent heard of any with the denon.

ad

The dv27 would be alot more expensive. The new ones are the dv27A which I believe will be somewhere above £1500. On the other hand, they are easier (and I gather cheaper) to modify. Really the guy to talk to about this is Elliot himself since he would know which players are best and which not to modify.

Drop me an email to [email protected] and I will put you in touch with him

all the best

ad

yeah..... it is £475 for elliot to mod the 89/88+

all the best

ad

nope..... the mod elliot does is £325 (this is a special price which I cannot discuss) but he has said that it requires additional work for the 88+/89. This entails a new board which basically makes the prog scan output the same as the dv27. Unfortunately it will carry an additional £150 premium.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom