1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sdi is cropping my picture!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by popeye, May 7, 2003.

1. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure where to post this question, so appologies if it needs moving!
    I'm in the process of having my Sim 2 (Seleco) SDG700 L6 CRT projector installed with Chris Frost. I'm using a Centerstage CS-2 video processor with an sdi input board, together with a Panasonic RP62 sdi dvd player. Upon setting up the projector Chris noticed that approximately 5% of the picture at the bottom of the image had been cropped off and was in fact missing.

We switched to my Sony 7700 dvd player , which was hooked up to the CS-2 with a component video cable and the missing section of the image appeared.

I'm running the projector at 720P & WXGA on a 16X9 Stewart screen

Has anyone else experienced this problem when using an sdi source. Is there an explanation as to what's happening?

Any ideas!!!

popeye:confused:

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I would guess that its the scaler doing this, does it equally crop NTSC and PAL DVDs?

3. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it's the same for both Pal & NTSC.
    It's not a massive a problem, with a few tweaks of the scalers vertical position and size etc you wouldn't be any the wiser that there was a tiny portion of the image cropped. It's just one of those annoying problems that's more of an inconvienence.
    I must say the end result makes up for the extra tweaking.
    I'm not sure if the fault lies with the CS-2 SDI board or the SDI Panny player. It seems strange that when I use my Sony dvd player that the problem isn't there.

popeye