SDHC cards - 7 day shop or others...

shotokan101

Banned
I too like 7dayshop and have bought a good few things from them but I probably wouldn't buy an "own brand" memory card and I'd buy something like a 16Gig Transcend from them instead for the peace of mind - of course the 7dayshop cards may just be rebadged "big name" cards but no way to tell....

JIm

The Bass

I started looking at 16GB cards for a 550D and didn't realise how much of a pain it is to find something that will definitely work with video. It seems everyone gets completely different speeds out of their cards with some people finding class 4 ones fine and others unable to use class 10. Bit of a gamble unless you spend twice as much on a Sandisk Extreme :suicide:.

shotokan101

Banned
I started looking at 16GB cards for a 550D and didn't realise how much of a pain it is to find something that will definitely work with video. It seems everyone gets completely different speeds out of their cards with some people finding class 4 ones fine and others unable to use class 10. Bit of a gamble unless you spend twice as much on a Sandisk Extreme :suicide:.

Unless it's a camera related problem you're seeing I've never had any problems with HD video clips to Transcend class6 or class10 from a variety of compacts...

Jim

The Bass

Unless it's a camera related problem you're seeing I've never had any problems with HD video clips to Transcend class6 or class10 from a variety of compacts...

Jim
I think I'm going to try the Transcend Class 10 although in the reviews there are people who say it is fine for video and enough people who say the opposite to make me uncertain...

sleekyG

I think 7dayshop is okay too. But I think I'll stick with Transcend as well. I am actually planning to get a 16gb extra next week. :)

plloydie

I put my 6 month old Transcend 16Gb card x10 speed (bought from shop via Amazon) in my camera last Sunday and a code came upon the screen (CHA) took the card out and replaced it and all OK took some shots took the card out and put it in a card reader and stated on the PC that the Drive is empty but should have shown about 6Gb worth of photo's but it stated "no files found", they had all disappeared somewhere fortunately all apart from the ones I had just taken I'd previously backed up, also when in the card reader on start-up the PC is asking to check disk everytime. I've just had email back off the company and i got to return the card so they can check for errors

Last edited:

weetsie

I put my 6 month old Transcend 16Gb card x10 speed (bought from shop via Amazon) in my camera last Sunday and a code came upon the screen (CHA) took the card out and replaced it and all OK took some shots took the card out and put it in a card reader and stated on the PC that the Drive is empty but should have shown about 6Gb worth of photo's but it stated "no files found", they had all disappeared somewhere fortunately all apart from the ones I had just taken I'd previously backed up, also when in the card reader on start-up the PC is asking to check disk everytime. I've just had email back off the company and i got to return the card so they can check for errors

run lexar recovery software or similar on it to get anything you dont have off it before you send it away.

plloydie

run lexar recovery software or similar on it to get anything you dont have off it before you send it away.

Apart from the 11 snap shots I took, nothing important is left on the card, it wiped or seems to have wiped everything off the card, I do have a shredder program somewhere that should erase the card.

steven_9709

I took the plunge and ordered the 7 day shop card. Can always send it back if it's no good as it's got a 30-day money back guarantee

shotokan101

Banned

shotokan101

Banned
7dayshop it's ok. good price. wouldn't buy anything value over £100, but for SD cards it's fine (bought myself 3 cards already from them)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom