SDHC Card problem

ralphtwiss

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi ........

just had a good look through the forum for an answer to a SD card problem and posted in the wrong place .... so I hope its right this time. .

I have a Canon HF20 camcorder and was quite pleased with the light use it had had. However six weeks ago we had the pleasure to visit the USA for my daughters wedding ceremony, where not surprisingly it was used quite a bit ;-)

Upon return we found a weird SD card problem.

the first 20 or so file play OK , but after that not matter how I load the files ( open with / double click ect) the same file (video clip) shows time after time! This happens if the files are played on the camcorder or after transfer to a PC

The files all show as different lengths with different names.....

I presume it is a file table structure problem and not a corruption one ( I have recovered files from camera cards before).

Has any one any Ideas as to how I can sort out this mess ?

Thanks

Ralph

I've seen a similar thing with files "stolen" from my Panasonic using Windows Explorer.
Importing the files from the 'corder using the software supplied by Panasonic sorted the problem out.

I've seen a similar thing with files "stolen" from my Panasonic using Windows Explorer.
Importing the files from the 'corder using the software supplied by Panasonic sorted the problem out.

Failing that there's always the remote chance that doing a "right click - properties - tools- check now" in windows might find and fix some problems. Unlikely, but you never know. Certainly seems odd that the camcorder itself plays the files incorrectly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom