1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD900E and RCE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dochall, Sep 19, 2001.

1. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody using a SD900E and RCE without using the remote shuffle workarounds?

I saw a while ago that somebody mentioned that Techtronics were doing manual and automatic region switching but there site not reports just automatic and RCE with 'preliminary checks'.

Anbody else doing a full solution.

On a related point have the studios given up on RCE yet. Everybody now seems to have a workaround so what's the point?

2. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 900E last week and noticed that the mod description on the Techtronics website had subtly changed. I waited bloody ages to get the deck and was told the delay was due to a firmware issue. Once I had received the unit I got a mail from Techtronics stating that Toshiba had changed the firmware, this resulted in the delay whilst Techtronics sorted out the modification to the player.

BEWARE!!! The player now exhibits a considerable amount of transport noise which may or may not be attributable to the modification. Toshiba say the player should not exhibit this noise so I am trying to get the unit changed. Read elsewhere in the forums, seems Germany is the place to get this model from. By the way, everything you have heard is true, it is an awesome player.

3. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen germany mentioned but no more details.

The search facility doesn't seem to be working

Can anybody give me more clues?

4. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I've ordered mine from <a href="http://www.hificomponents.de/Versand_eng/preisliste.htm." target="_blank">http://www.hificomponents.de/Versand_eng/preisliste.htm.</a> Price, including VAT, and insured shipping to Portugal via UPS was 1428,53 Euro. The player is NOT modified for multi-region.

The only snag was that the advertised "10 days delivery time" meant "handing it over to the courier". I had to wait another 8 days for the transit.

H.Borges