1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD220 - will only play R2!! Why?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gary D, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I've done a forum search and i cant find any similiar posts - except one that would play any disks at all.

i got home last night and decided to watch one of my R1 disks, only to find the following message on screen "disk playback prohibited" (or something similiar)

i've done some digging and found that it will not play any disks other than R2. i've tried alot of my non r2 disks that i've played before so i know that it was MR.

I've had the player since september last year, checked firmware and its still version 1.5. i also know that its not an RCE problem.

this is the first problem i've had with the player, its spent all its time in my AV rack, never moved, just sat their with its little red light on, no strange power spikes or anything that know of.

i'm going to call RS today and i'm sure they will sort it for me, i'm more interested in why it happened.

anyone go any ideas?

Thanks

Gary

2. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there has been a lot of these players recently that suddenly seem to 'forget' they are multi-region. If you have a cd burner you can make your own disc to multi region it. Have a search on the forums or in google and it's easy enough to find.

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Matt,

when you say "these players" do you mean SD220's or are you talking about lots of different players.

cheers

Gary

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    just flashed with the firmware i found on the web - worked a treat.

panic over. phew!

Gary

5. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I meant the SD220's. If anyone knows why this happens - I'd be curious to know!

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    thanks matt, as you can see in my previous post its sorted now and the firmware disk is safely on the shelf at home in case it happens again.

thanks for your help.

Gary

7. wakko

wakko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary,

could you post a link to the firmware....I don't want to tempt fate...but it would be nice to have it just in case.

Cheers,
    Graham:smashin:

8. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just click on the "search" button then use this to find the firmware, its not hard I promise;)

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    go to www.vcdhelp.com you'll find it there. just remember tyo follow the instructions EXACTLY or from what i've read it wont work.

gary