sd220 scart RGB Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kearneyt, Feb 10, 2003.

1. kearneyt

kearneyt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Tosh 220 connected to a sony 32fx66. I am using the SVideo connection as the scart connection causes the screen to display lines as if it needs to be tuned. I had the same problem when I connected to a Toshiba TV with an RGB input so it seems to be a problem with the DVD player.
    Has anyone else seen this? Is it possibly just a bad connection on the SCART socket. I am using a fully wired cable.
    Would the quality be that much better than the SVideo if it did work or should I just forget it and continue with SVideo?

Thanks for any help,

Tom.

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    My mother in law has the same tv and player and there was no problem with rgb, I'd get a replacement player.

3. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a different telly and dvd player but am also having problems with rgb output. have what can best be described as shadowy lines at times on the picture. they follow onscreen movement on the picture. does this sound similar to your problem?
    btw have connected dvd to av2 instead for the time being and it is fine.:rolleyes:

4. kearneyt

kearneyt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Adox,

my problem seems to be different. Cannot see a clear picture at all. Just wavy lines that look like the tv needs the horizontal hold tweaked. I think it is an internal connection problem with the player. Problem is I don't want to have to send it back as I bought it abroad. I was just wondering if I am losing a significant amount on picture quality.

Thanks,

Tom.

5. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well you are losing picture quality, but how much is a subjective matter. if you don`t want to send it back, i`d say hook it up to the best av source you can.